Sunday, June 24, 2012

Temple #1 Washington D.C.


My first time at the temple. It was so beautiful and breath taking. The sun shone all around the pillars and the sky was a vibrant blue.When we entered the font, we had to wait a while because the ward before us was running late. I sat on an upholstered bench and watched the baptisms. Then a member of the temple presidency came out to address us. He stood right in front of me and my mother and said, "Hello." in a cheery and kind tone. He began to address the room, but for some reason, he was talking straight to me. I could feel his kind heart and see myself glowing in his eyes. He spoke of realizing our potential as queens and kings of the world. Realizing how truly special we all are, and the divine purpose we posess.After the talk and the baptisms, I was confirmed. My favorite part includes the line, "...recieve the holy ghost...".Everytime I hear those words, I instantly feel the person's gladness and rejoicing spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment